An Intercultural Adventure V will be happening this fall October 17, 18 and 19, 2022, at the Edmonton Korean United Church in Edmonton, Alberta. Our theme will be The Holy Spirit in the Korean community in the United Church of Canada.
We will begin the evening of Monday Oct. 17 with supper at 5:30 pm and opening worship at 6:30 pm. Tuesday morning we will look at how the Holy Spirit is present and at work in the Korean community in The United Church of Canada. The afternoon will have three workshops that will run one after the other: Worship and Ministry for An Intercultural Congregation (Korean & Non-Korean) led by YoonOk Shin, Sacraments and special ceremonies in Korean congregations led by KwangBeom Cho, and further discussion of the theme of the Holy Spirit led by Don Schweitzer. In the evening there will be a book launch for Jesus and the Marginalized, then a panel discussion: “How do you understand the Holy Spirit and where do you see it to be at work?” Panelists will be Rev. Dr. Catherine MacLean, Rev. Leigh Sinclair, and Rev. Andrew Lee. Wednesday morning will feature a discussion of the previous days’ activities and discussion of a future event. An Intercultural Adventure will end on Wednesday at noon with lunch.
This event will be held at Edmonton Korean United Church (9624 74 Ave NW, Edmonton, AB). For those who do not live in Edmonton, accommodation is provided at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Edmonton South (2440 Calgary Trail NW, Edmonton, AB), where two people share a room. Meals are served at the church for lunch and dinner.
- The registration fee is $50 for Edmonton residents and $100 for non-Edmonton residents.
- To register, please contact Melanie Schwanbeck (639-398-5565) or firstname.lastname@example.org)
- People can pay in person with cash, cheque, debit or credit card; or over the phone via credit card at 639-398-5565.
- Registration deadline is September 10th. Registrations are non-refundable
- For Non-Edmonton residents, travel subsidy ($300) and accommodation will be provided.
- Four Meals (lunch and supper) will be provided for all participants.
- Babysitting service will be provided on the second and third days of the seminar. If you need it, please let us know when registering.