The Ambassador Program arises from a recognition of new possibilities for the College in the current changing context of The United Church of Canada. In this recognition, it has been identified that creating a nation-wide community of supporters of the College will help St. Andrew’s harness the potential before it. The role and hopes that an Ambassador for the College will embody are:
- An Ambassador assists, locally, by following-up and connecting local initiatives with the College.
- An Ambassador assists, locally, supporting/arranging visits by the Principal and/or other members of the College for such opportunities as College Sunday and the Principal’s Tour.
- An Ambassador honours the College with their time by offering their name to be shared as a contact for St. Andrew’s in their context (i.e., Contact magazine and on the website).
- An Ambassador possesses an awareness of the current curricula and programming available at the College and celebrates this by serving as a resource to share this information as required in their context.
- An Ambassador possesses an awareness of the current development (financial) initiatives at the College and celebrates this by serving as a resource to share this information (i.e., the Legacy Fund, PAR) as required in their context. And,
- An Ambassador takes seriously listening for those are considering leadership in The United Church of Canada. An Ambassador offers appropriate support during this formative time and will share that journey with the Principal at St. Andrew’s.
If you are discerning whether this might be a role you are called to explore or know someone who may be a great fit, please contact: